[EuroPython] Draft initial press release

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Fri Nov 7 04:49:25 EST 2003

Nicolas Chauvat wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 02:53:04PM +0100, Laura Creighton wrote:
>
>>I'd rather move the other directtion.  The thing that I disliked the
>>communities to form, self-organising around documents, but only
>>if the people who want to form the communities and sub-groups get
>>to write the documents.
>

> Which is what you get with Plone. It needs set-up, not editing.
> Wiki is just a less structured and poorer form of content-management. Once
> set-up, structured content saves hours over unstructured content.

+1

> But since I do not have time to contribute, I will not try to advocate
> further.

I'll do some advocating in your place and we'll just have to see what
direction this takes... :-)

Anyway, I have published everything that is on the site, except the
member's pages (I did that accidentally, sorry). I realised that what
was visible on the site is not enough, so now anybody interested can
take a look - the site as it is to be considered an early
proof-of-concept, so:

a) everything is changeable
b) not everything is entirely well-tought out

Wiki's are addable, something I guess will be necessary for
track-discussions.

I forget who is in charge of the epc site, but can we please get a copy
the old europython site in under the epc folder and can we please have a
wiki product installed?

Thanks,

/dario