[EuroPython] Pictures of the venue

Jacob Hallén jacob at strakt.com
Mon Nov 10 14:51:13 EST 2003

I have taken some pictures of the venue. They are high resolution, but
unfortunately I haven't managed to keep the camera as steady as necessary.
However, it should give you some idea of the possibilities.

There are 3 lecture halls with 170 person capacity.
There are 2 lecture halls with 100 person capacity.
There is one lecture hall with unknown capacity, somewhere between 150 and
200.
These halls are all on the same level, situated around the central foyer.

Upstairs, floors 1-4, from this level, there are 20 rooms with 50 person
capacity. These can be rearranged with fewer tables and more seats if
necessary.

Downstairs from the foyer, there is a cafe.

Next to the foyer there is a big atrium. We may be able to use this.

The foyer surrounds an open-air yard.

The student Union is 2 minutes walk away. I did not manage to get into the big
hall there because it was occupied.

Conclusion:

Our options are more varied than expected and there is enough space for a very
large event. We don't have to worry about running out. It should be possible
for us to make detailed bookings fairly late, adjusting the amount of space
after the number of attendees. Preliminary plans are good for making a budget
though.

Jacob Hallén