[EuroPython] This just in from PyCon

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat at logilab.fr
Thu Nov 13 02:41:15 EST 2003

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 09:34:09PM +0100, Laura Creighton wrote:
> If they are moving towards track chairmen and the like, and
> want to receive papers the way we do, do we have a paper submission
> system which they could just have?  Or is ours broken in pieces and
> awaiting reassembly now?

In case someone would want to make a submission system for our new plone-based
Europython web site, here is a recipe:

After installing [plone.org] on top of [zope.org], set up
[plone.org/documentation/archetypes/quickref]. Decide on the schema of your
talks and/or submission and describe it as in [1] or use a tool to output UML
as XMI and get [plone.org/documentation/howto/HowToStartWithArchGenXml] to
generate the code for you. Mix the two with an appropriate workflow defined
through the "plone_workflow" tool available from the Zope Management Interface
and you're done.

1 : cvs.sf.net/viewcvs.py/archetypes/ArcheRecipes/DemoEvent.py?rev=1.2

Should take one day of work. Hope that helps.

--
Nicolas Chauvat

logilab.fr - services en informatique avancée et gestion de connaissances