[EuroPython] education track at europython

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas.pettiaux at ael.be
Mon Nov 17 22:52:59 EST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 00:03:35 +0100, Laura Creighton wrote
> In a message of Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:35:15 +0200, Steve Alexander writes:
> >Hi,
> >
> >My name is Steve Alexander. Some of you will know me from previous
> >EuroPython conferences, or from my work on Zope.
> >
> >I'm currently working on the SchoolTool project for the Shuttleworth
> >Foundation (http://schooltool.org). As such, I'm very interested in the
> >education track at the next EuroPython. Perhaps I can offer to chair
> >this track, although I'd like to know more about the responsibilities of
> >a track chair before actually volunteering.
> Hey Great!	We are very pleased to have you.  I don't think
> that you will find the chair-track responsibilities all that
> onerous.  Martijn (Faassen), Michael (Hudson) can you clue him in
> on what it entails?
>
> Hmmm.  is it getting to the point where we should have an irc meeting
> to discuss things we want to do?  I'm thinking yes ... and
> all of you?

I am ready to help with the education track (not take the lead though)

I am organizing the FreeEDem , free software for education developper european
meeting in Brussels on February 21 and 22, 2004 (at the same time, also in
Brussels, as FOSDEM, to allow the people who come to choose to attend one or
the other)

Please read http://www.ofset.org/wiki/index.php/FreeEDem2004

I am still looking for speakers and sure, auditors (as well as people
interested to help with the organization ;-)

Steve, I invite you to come to FreeEDEM as a speaker to present SchoolTool.
Could you come ?

Thanks,

Nicolas