[EuroPython] The new volunteers

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Tue Oct 7 15:33:08 EDT 2003

In a message of Tue, 07 Oct 2003 20:31:59 +0200, Jacob Hallén writes:
>It was not my intention to leave out the new people, I was just counting
>in
>the old ones before embarking on new things. I should have been clearer a
>bout
>that, sorry.
>
>I think we have a strong voice for a Social Skills / Management track.
>
>This brings up the question of the Business track, where I think we have
>3
>
>1. Find a new track chair.
>
>2. Merge it with the Social Skills track, they are in some ways similar,
>and
>will probably attract the same sort of people.
>
>3. Not run a Business track.
>
>All options are possible. I have a name or two in mind for alternative 1.
>
>Jacob

How about run a business track that isn't aimed at 'hackers who want
to have a business', but rather business opportunities, commecial
partnerships, financial whatnot instead.  Then there won't be as
much overlap, and I can go invite businesses so we can impress them
as to why they should switch to Python?

Laura