[EuroPython] Small update

Beatrice bea at webwitches.com
Fri Oct 10 08:05:04 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 21:29, Harald Armin Massa wrote:
> My stomach tells me, that Bea would be a good selection for the chairman of
> a social skills track.

Well I guess I'll have to apply for a sex change first then :D

> I read her proposal the first time on the list and
> got the impression, that she would really be a valuable asset for EuroPython
> 2004.

Thank you - I will definitely participate and then we can see if I was
an asset with the wisdom of hindsight.

> I also think it's a good idea to have female chair(wo)men to attract more
> ladies to Python / EuroPython.

I'll have to think about that one a bit. I get the impression that the
few females hanging around in the community are fairly outspoken once
they've bothered participating at all, but I am actually not aware of
how many are present but silent. You may be right that some may pop up
if encouraged.

There is a certain stereotypical irony to the idea of putting a chick in
charge of the social skills track, but I think it may level things out a
bit. If you're looking for a token woman, you know where to find me :)

bea

--
Beatrice <bea at webwitches.com>