Re: [EuroPython] Python and Database

Magnus Lycka magnus at thinkware.se
Tue Oct 14 15:28:00 EDT 2003

Noelle QUEMENER <noelle.quemener at edf.fr> wrote about Python and Database:
> I am working on a new project which aim is
> - to centralise data in an Oracle Database,
> - to do some calculations (based on models),
> - to visualize these data on diverse client PC (heavy clients).

Hi Noelle!

I'd say that Python is a good tool for such a job,
but this mailing list is mainly used for the planning
of the EuroPython Conference, not for technical
discussions regarding Python programming. (Actually,
the information in the mailing list web page
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/europython
might be a bit misleading.)

Some better suited fora for your questions might be:

- The newsgroup comp.lang.python (high volume)

- The mailing list for the Python Database Special
  Interest Group: http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/db-sig

- The Python Tutor mailing list (for less volume than
  comp.lang.python) http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor

I hope you find good answers to your questions, and perhaps
we will see you at the EuroPython conference in Göteborg,
Sweden, next summer.

--
Magnus Lycka, Thinkware AB
Alvans vag 99, SE-907 50 UMEA, SWEDEN