[EuroPython] Starting to plan

Martijn Faassen faassen at vet.uu.nl
Fri Sep 19 06:29:31 EDT 2003

Jacob Hallén wrote:
> 1. I think it is reasonable that last conference track champions get
> to say if they want to champion the track again. If they are
> unwilling, we will look for somebody else to run the track, or
> consider if we want to strike it from the schedule.

I can do Python Frameworks again. Assistance would of course not
be unwelcome though. :)

> 2. How much time should we plan for for each track? This is of course
> dependent on what sort of speaker interest we get, but it is good to
> have a preliminary figure. The speaker interest is connected to the
> ambitions of each track champion after all.

This year the Python Frameworks track had 1.5 days (a day and a morning),
consisting of 6 blocks of 90 minutes.

> 3. Are there any important changes we should make to the format of the
> tracks?

I like the 90 minutes block structure; it allows 2 x 45 or 3 x 30.

In order to improve quality I'd like to be a bit more formal in what
gets approved and not, but this requires: