Fwd: Re: [EuroPython] some ideas for the registration and talksubmission workflow for EPC 2004

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Tue Feb 3 08:26:10 EST 2004

In a message of Tue, 03 Feb 2004 05:11:56 PST, Anna Ravenscroft writes:
>This, unfortunately, went only to Joachim, because the list's
>"reply-to" is set up incorrectly, apparently, to reply to the
>individual sender instead of to the list. If someone knows how to fix
>that, I would be eternally grateful. Why it's not the default, I don't
>know.
>
>[Hitting "reply all" on Yahoo is, for some reason, not always as easy
>as it should be.]
>
>Thanks for your patience,
>
>Anna

This list is set up correctly.  It is the lists which set reply-to to
be 'reply to all' which are broken.  You only need to _once_ send a
reply-only-to-the-sender message saying something which should not be
said publically, and have the list redirect your private mail to
the whole list, to understand why convenience to people who use
mailers that make sending reply-all difficult is not the top priority.

Laura