[EuroPython] Re: Europython Tutorials questionaire

Brad Bollenbach bradb at bbnet.ca
Mon Feb 23 15:53:49 EST 2004

Le lundi, 23 fév 2004, à 14:38 Canada/Eastern, Jacob Hallén a écrit :

> Dear Europython 2003 attendee,
>
> The organising committee for Europython is currently busy planning
> this years conference, which will run in Göteborg, Sweden, 7-9 June
> 2004.
>
> To help us serve the community in the best way possible, we need your
> input on what you think we should do in the way of tutorials.
>
> Please send this questionare filled in to "europython at python.org".
>
> 1. Are you likely to attend Europython?
>
> Yes/No/Only if there are tutorials I'd like to go to.

There's about a 75% chance that I will attend.

> 2. What topics would you be interested in? How much would you be ready
> to pay for such a tutorial?

Zope 3, Python Core Development, PyPy, Interfacing Lisp to Python
and/or vice-versa, SICP-style programming lectures using Python to
demonstrate the concepts.

I wouldn't pay for individual tutorials.

> 3. When would it be most suitable for you to participate in a tutorial?
> Please rank the alternatives.
> a. Friday 4 June
> b. Saturday 5 June
> c. Sunday 6 June
> d. During the conference
> e. When it doesn't conflict with my Sprint
> f. Thursday 10 June

Any day during the conference, most preferably not on the last day of
the conference though.

> 4. Would you be willing to give a tutorial?  On what subject(s)?

Yes. I haven't decided on what quite yet, but perhaps something
relating to using Forms and Schemas in Zope 3.

> 5. Is there any other input you would like to give us?

Last year was great, save that we seemed to have a lot of problems with
microphones, and the last thing we want to be worrying about is sound
equipment. :) Other than that, it was tons of fun.

> More information about Europython 2004 will be available shortly at
> http://www.europython.org.

Great, looking forward to it.

--
Brad Bollenbach