[EuroPython] Website update - feedback requested!

Beatrice Fontaine bea at webwitches.com
Tue Jan 20 11:08:27 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 16:58, Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:
> Anna Ravenscroft wrote:
> > The Europython webwerkers met today and had a very productive meeting.
> > You can see the minutes of the meeting here:
> > http://z3u.com/ep2004/WebWerkersLog
>
> Sorry I couldn't make it to the IRC meetings - I have been caught up in
> work recently, so I have not had the opportunity to do anythin in
> particular since some time before chrismtas.

No worries, we've all been busy. You're more than welcome, anytime!

> A quick question and reminder - I saw that there was a possibility of
> moving the site to plone. Are there any news on that yet?

Well, I'm the one who suggested it because I am not a Pythoneer and
Plone is by far better in my grasp since I work on it every day. Anna
also mentioned that she found the existing Europython site not very
easily accessible in terms of structure (if you're not a confirmed Zoper
at least) and I figured that Plone would probably be easier to come to
terms with. But I suggested to submit that decision to the whole group
tonight before we finalise that point.

> the reminder is that there previously has been some work done on a Plone
> based site at this address:
>
> http://europython-develop.zope.nl/epc/

Oh cool! I had no idea! Thanks! Watcha think, Anna?

> Though not much has been done since the beginning of November on it.

Well, that may change depending on what everyone has to say.

> Cheers,
>
> /dario - catching up on europython

You can catch up on IRC at 6pm CET and the webwerkers will stay on a
little after that ;)

ciao

bea, drafted webwerker
--