[EuroPython] Keynote speaker

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Mon Jan 26 03:32:31 EST 2004

Jacob Hallén wrote:

> My personal view is that Bruce Eckel is the right person for a keynote at a
> Java conference, while his Python style is too influenced by his Java
> expertise.

otoh, this might be interesting for us folks who need to justify using
python instead of java.

<rant>
Python, of course, being the unknown language nobody uses and nobody
knows and for we can hire nobody as consultants, and java being the
language of choice for any enterprise level system, where there are
loads of people available that know java, even our students (the fact
that it takes much more time to develop in java, is of course propaganda
from the evil side - we can always hire consultants)
</rant>

(that was an attempt at being sarcastic, if you didn't knotice)

Then again, it might be outside of the scope of the conference...

/dario