[EuroPython] EPC 2005 and 2006

Anna Ravenscroft rev_anna_r at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 04:40:08 EDT 2004

--- Laura Creighton <lac at strakt.com> wrote:
> I think that, for the future, it would be a good idea if people who
> want to host a future EuroPython made their intention known
> before the current EuroPython.  First of all, people might not
> have been as enthusiastic about Göteborg if thye knew they
> had Geneva as an alternative.  Second of all, EuroPython is
> _the place to find the organisiers you want for your conference_.
> You want to start building your team at the conference, not between
> times.

An idea that works in SF fandom is for folks who want to do the next
convention to host a booth and/or party to let folks know who they are
and what they're thinking of doing. I think encouraging this would be a
good thing. Set it up as an official part of the Con each year - and
then have a bidding party on the 3rd morning so it can be announced at
closing ceremonies - which brings me to closing ceremonies. I think
that it would be a good thing to have an official closing ceremony (at,
say, 1600) so folks all have a chance to get back together and feel
that things are officially *done*.

So - in short, add to the Con an official, formal encouragement of:

*  bidding parties/booths
*  closing ceremonies
*  formal vote and announcement of next year's con committee

cordially,
Anna