[EuroPython] EPC 2005 and 2006

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Thu Jun 10 06:58:41 EDT 2004

Anna Ravenscroft wrote:

> So - in short, add to the Con an official, formal encouragement of:
>
> *  bidding parties/booths
> *  closing ceremonies
> *  formal vote and announcement of next year's con committee

hi, i've been having som emore contact with CERN regarding this matter.

While, I agree with Anna's proposal and think it is a great idea, it
turns out that in this specific case, it is very hard for CERN to have
this way of action.

Due to the nature of the administration of an isntitute the size of
CERN, they need to be preparing the EPC 2006 from just about now to be
able to organise it. There was a slight possiblity that having it in
2005 would have been possible, but having it in 2006 is definitely a
possibility.

They are very interested in hosting the EPC, but they need the certainty
of having it.

So I propose that for this special case, we decide that EPC 2006 is to
be held in CERN, and that we from there on go with Anna's proposal.

Regards,

/dario