[EuroPython] Accomodation prices

Joachim Schmitz js at aixtraware.de
Tue Mar 2 05:59:50 EST 2004

Hi,

Magnus Lycka said the following on 03/01/04 10:35:
> Laura Creighton wrote:
>
>>The website to coordinate this [SGS Veckobostäder] isn't quite ready.
>

> When do you expect this to be on-line? It seems some people
> are starting to plan their trip in detail now, and it's
> good for attendees to know as soon as possible whether they
> will have space there, or need to look at another place.
I am working on the registration process, and need som ideas how to
handle this room registration. Here are my ideas so far:

1. to reserve a place in SGS Veckobostäder, one has to register for the
conference first.

2. if one books a single bed in a 2-bed or 4-bed room, the next free bed
in room of that category (with the same sex) will be assigned to you.

3. if one wants to book a full 2-bed or 4-bed room, one person has to do
the booking and payment, and he/she has to give the email-addresses of
the persons sharing the room with him/her. These persons must also have
registered for the conference before.

4. possibly the roomassignments will be publicly available, so people
can rearange the assignement in private mails. But I am not sure how we
can reflect these rearangements on the public site in a simple and
secure way.

That is the solution I consider the best compromised between relativly
easy/simple to implement and flexibility for the attendees. Ideas welcome.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen                                Joachim Schmitz
AixtraWare eK ..Joachim Schmitz ..www.aixtraware.de ..t: +49-2464-8851