[EuroPython] Accomodation prices

Beatrice Fontaine bea at webwitches.com
Tue Mar 2 06:23:01 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 11:59, Joachim Schmitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Magnus Lycka said the following on 03/01/04 10:35:
> > Laura Creighton wrote:
> >
> >>The website to coordinate this [SGS Veckobostäder] isn't quite ready.
> >

> > When do you expect this to be on-line? It seems some people
> > are starting to plan their trip in detail now, and it's
> > good for attendees to know as soon as possible whether they
> > will have space there, or need to look at another place.
> I am working on the registration process, and need som ideas how to
> handle this room registration. Here are my ideas so far:
>
> 1. to reserve a place in SGS Veckobostäder, one has to register for the
> conference first.
>
> 2. if one books a single bed in a 2-bed or 4-bed room, the next free bed
> in room of that category (with the same sex) will be assigned to you.
>
> 3. if one wants to book a full 2-bed or 4-bed room, one person has to do
> the booking and payment, and he/she has to give the email-addresses of
> the persons sharing the room with him/her. These persons must also have
> registered for the conference before.
>
> 4. possibly the roomassignments will be publicly available, so people
> can rearange the assignement in private mails. But I am not sure how we
> can reflect these rearangements on the public site in a simple and
> secure way.
>

> That is the solution I consider the best compromised between relativly
> easy/simple to implement and flexibility for the attendees. Ideas welcome.

As far as I am concerned, you thought of all eventualities. I suppose
that of people have a preference on how to share rooms they should take
it upon themselves to also clear the payment, don't you think? so yes, I
think you're fine.

regards

bea

--

"My agenda is so hidden that I can't find it myself". Me.