[EuroPython] Plone info

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Thu Mar 4 00:12:41 EST 2004

Tom Deprez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a little bit lost in Plone, but can somebody point me to a document
> where I can find out about the folliowing:
>
> 1) Add a 'metadata' property to some of the documents.

do this in the ZMI.

> 2) How to create an index_html page with the whole plone framework (ie
> navigation, header, footer, etc), but in which I can use some page
> template code to iterate over a python script. All I need to know is
> what I've to do to get some custom content (in this case an iteration
> over a python script) on a page (eg index_html) with the plone layout.

Do this in the ZMI - create a zpt document - take for instance a copy of
  one of the folder listins.

> It's probably easy, but I'm unable to find the right documentation and
> this costs too much of my time. I hope there are some Plone addicts
> which can point me directly to the right direction.

If you are loking into making an index_html for the interviews folder, I
am allready working on it. Please tell me what kind of information you
need displayed apart from what you allready see in the default folder
listing.

Sincerely,

/dario
for the web-team