[EuroPython] Re: Europython Tutorials questionaire

Mario Ruggier mario at ruggier.org
Thu Mar 4 04:30:31 EST 2004

> Dear Europython 2003 attendee,
>
> The organising committee for Europython is currently busy planning
> this years conference, which will run in Göteborg, Sweden, 7-9 June
> 2004.
>
> To help us serve the community in the best way possible, we need your
> input on what you think we should do in the way of tutorials.
>
> Please send this questionare filled in to "europython at python.org".
>
> 1. Are you likely to attend Europython?
>
> Yes/No/Only if there are tutorials I'd like to go to.

No, not likely. But not out of the question either.

> 2. What topics would you be interested in? How much would you be ready
> to pay for such a tutorial?

Discussion/comparison of developing python applications
within a j2ee-like framework, should one be defined or agreed upon.
I feel this is Python's biggest lack, and the no.1 reason for
difficulty in
making a case for using python for large applications and systems.

The cost should be part of the conference, but I would be willing to
pay a reasonable rate should it be asked.

> 3. When would it be most suitable for you to participate in a tutorial?
> Please rank the alternatives.
> a. Friday 4 June
> b. Saturday 5 June
> c. Sunday 6 June
> d. During the conference
> e. When it doesn't conflict with my Sprint
> f. Thursday 10 June

d. During the Conference
f. Thur 10 June (maybe)

> 4. Would you be willing to give a tutorial?  On what subject(s)?

No.

> 5. Is there any other input you would like to give us?

Please make it as easy as possible to arrange for us to come --
information
for inexpensive transport and accommodation!

> More information about Europython 2004 will be available shortly at
> http://www.europython.org.
>
> For the Europython team
>
> Jacob Hallén
> Head organiser