[EuroPython] managing a conference organisation through Plone?

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Thu Mar 11 07:05:12 EST 2004

In a message of Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:04:25 GMT, Chris Withers writes:
>Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
>> That said, I expect significant work would need to be done to turn this
>
>> project into a generic ConferencePlone or something like that. Not the
>> aim of the current project.
>
>For next year, have you guys though about ReportLab's conference manageme
>nt kit?
>
>cheers,
>
>Chris

Yes.

(I am one of the organisers of the conference, and one of the
 principal investors in Reportlab, and on its board of directors.
 Andy was given every opportunity to showcase this _now_ but he said
_it's not ready yet_.)

I appreciate the fact that things have slipped 2 weeks has left
you with the impression  that  we don't know what the hell we
are doing, but the fact of the matter is that this particular
conference team has over 20 years of experience running things.

Our problem is that we know our problem domain too well, not too
little.  And because I am being a complete jerk in not allowing things
to launch 'because they are good enough for an amateur conference'.
I refuse to compromise on my standards, which makes for more work
that takes longer, but be a tad more patient and I am sure you
will like the result.

Laura Creighton
(off to write more content)

Hey, your sig says that you are a Zope consultant!  Why don't
you show up at #europython at irc.freenode.net and _help_ !?!
Complaining is _easy_.