[EuroPython] ConferenceKit, schedules and timetables

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Mar 23 18:03:40 EST 2004

Hi everyone.  Congratulations on getting the site up!

I have noted the volume of work going into this,
sorry to say I have not followed the details, but it looks
really professional and impressive - and responds very fast.

As you know we did some dynamic PDF programmes the last 2 years.
We're ready to do the same again, but it will be a bit different
this time:  there is a standardized 'ConferenceKit' solution
available now, which will let the EuroPython organisers log in,
upload covers, templates and stuff like that, and design and preview
the documents.  We can also generate timetables in all shapes
and sizes ready for printing.  And if EuroPython wants any
other kinds of documents (how about a preview-your-own-badge
wizard?), we'd be happy to try and help with that too.

To make it work an upload script will be needed to push
speakers, tracks and talks from the EuroPython site into
a fairly simple remote MySQL database for each event.

We are rather busy getting this ready for Python UK (April 14-17)
and XML Europe / Seybold (Amsterdam, April 18-21).  After that
it will be better documented and tested and we should have plenty
of time to help set up any printed documents needed for the event.

For now I just wanted to say it will definitely be available, and
far better than before!

Best Regards,

Andy Robinson
CEO/Chief Architect