[EuroPython] Problems with the Virutal hosting setup of the site + changes

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Tue Mar 30 01:58:00 EST 2004

Hello,

1) I have some issues with how the virtual hosting setup of the site - I
do not understand it :-)

2) Changes to the organisation of sponsor images.

3) Changes in caching

First, I would like to know how the VirtualHosting setup is done with
the site.

the EPC2002 and 2003 refer to fodlers that do not exist in the root of
the www.eurpython.org site.

The same goes for many images that refer to an /images folder not
present in the root of www.europython.org. This makes it hard to manage
images, etc.

Second, I am moving all the images from the root of www.europython.org
to /conferences/epc2004/sponsors/logos/. This keeps things neat and tidy
and keeps the root non-cluttered.

Thirdly, I have changed some of the caching parameters... this means
that the site will be slower, but on the other hand it will display
correct info.

Up to know I cached things like the login page, the folder_contents ZPT
and other similar things, which simply lead to probolems for people
using the site, especially for managers.

If you encounter more stuff that seems "weird and/or broken" please let
me know and I'll try to see if it is related to caching... any expert in
Zope caching out there is welcome to help - I am by no means an expert.

Cheers,

/dario