[EuroPython] Progress update

Jacob Hallén jacob at strakt.com
Fri May 7 10:52:47 EDT 2004

Folks,

we are moving into a phase when we need to communicate what we have done more
frequently than at the meetings, so please send mails to the list when things
are happening.

(No, putting it in the wiki is not a solution. It requires everyone to poll
all the possible places where information could show up.)

Anyway, here is my progress report:

- I have talked to the Chalmers Restaurang AB people. We will have a pub right
after the Monday keynote. They ask us to garantee a SEK 2000 turnover for the
night, which is no problem. They will have some sort of food, either their
regular bar menu or a buffé.

They will also tell us if we can use the kitchen at the café on Monday, and I
will get prices for their options for coffee and lunches.

- I have sent emails to ActiveState, O'Reilly and Computer Press about
sponsorship and book sales. ActiveState will sponsor us as an advertiser and
will probably send some promotional materials as well.

No response so far from O'Reilly, but then it has only been a day.

Computer Press which is a Swedish bookstore/small publisher says that they are
too far away to get any economy in selling books at the conference. They
offer an alternative where they send sample books and people can get them by
mail order. I think this is an inverior solution and I will approach
Akademibokhandeln (which is local) next.

- I am up to date and communicating with everyone who has shown an interest in
sponsoring.

- I have started communicating with the people who will stream the Zope track.
I need a procedure for handling their payment.

Jacob