[EuroPython] Re: Accepted talks on Europython ( Zope-track )

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Mon May 10 13:51:28 EDT 2004

Heimo Laukkanen wrote:

> Yes there are two 60 minute Archetypes talks since that project is very
> popular, interesting and at the same time also filled with questions.
> To  have the possibility to get the main architect and person who has
> contributed a lot of new features to the HEAD to do talks is about
> creating good conference program, not about being unfair.

Speaking as a fellow track chair:

60 minutes is a LONG time for a talk. Personally I already find 45
minutes rather long to keep focused sometimes.

I've kept all the talks on my track to 30 minutes for that reason (and
before I needed the space). I've found speakers are quite amenable to
this. You could ask one of your archetypes speakers to cut it down by 30
minutes, perhaps. Perhaps this, and/or a talk swap for another CPS
related talk you could make people happier.

I'm interested in hearing about stuff I haven't heard about before,
personally. :)

Regards,

Martijn