[EuroPython] talk matrix

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu May 13 06:13:47 EDT 2004

Laura Creighton <lac at strakt.com> writes:

> In a message of Thu, 13 May 2004 10:19:51 BST, Michael Hudson writes:
>>Laura Creighton <lac at strakt.com> writes:
>>
>>> Mine looks much better under konqueror, where the titles 'such as Pytho
>>n Applications'
>>> stay on one line, and the calendar, which we don't need on every page i
>>s stuffed out
>>> to the far right.  Under Mozilla Firebird, we get things like:
>>>
>>> Business
>>> Software
>>> Patents and DRM
>>> Panel-Led
>>> Discussion
>>>
>>> Which doesn't make it clear that BUSINESS is the track title, and not p
>>art of the
>>> Panel discussion.  Can we get a space between the track title, and the
>>beginning of
>>> the first talk title?
>>
>>What do you mean?  Vertical space?
>
> I would like:
>
> Business:
>
> Software
> Patents and DRM
> Panel-Led
> Discussion

Hmm.  I tried this, and I think it looks bad, at least with a full
height gap.  A small gap might work... hmm.  Take a look now.

> Actually, I don't think we need to repeat the track title before _every_ talk.
> Just once at the top would be plenty.  But if this is hard to do, don't bother.

This would be tricky, yes, and I also think it would look strange.
I'd prefer each cell to stand on it's own.

>>> If not, can we get a colon after the Track Title?
>>
>>This would be easy.

I've done this much.

>>> Perhaps moving the timestamp to be opposite the talk, and not the
>>> Track Title will help.
>>
>>If you mean what I think you mean here, this wouldn't be easy.
>
> Too bad.  It's not worth it, then.

I found a way to fudge this, and also think it looks strange :-)

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Important data should not be entrusted to Pinstripe, as it may
  eat it and make loud belching noises.