[EuroPython] EPC 2005: where and when?

Harald Armin Massa ghum at gmx.net
Mon Oct 4 14:27:40 CEST 2004

Bea,

>I personally took it as
>a given that it would happen there again in 2005, but somewhere else in
>2006. Is that every one else's point of view?

At least it is my point of view. There were some discussions about CERN,
but the Pythoneers from there did not seem to unlucky to have EP in
Switzerland in 2006. And Goetheborg was a great, great conference; all
the organizers, especially the local ones, did a terrific job, I really
liked it!

We all gathered a lot of knowledge for possible improvements (small
things lile timing of lunch brakes) and so I really recommend to have a
second shot at Goetheborg.

 From another organisation with "moving conferences" I know it is great
fun to have organizers who "want to do next years conference" to give a
small presentation of their site at the conference; that also attracts a
lot participants there! (*wink to the people from switzerland*)

>So, I guess we need a statement of intent from the local organisers, the
>track chairs, volunteers, etc... to see who is ready to start rolling
>for EPC 2005. Maybe many things have been going on off-list already, but
>I think it's time to get moving again. What do you all think of that?

You are right, Bea, lets get moving.

Harald