[EuroPython] EPC 2005: where and when?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Oct 4 15:35:42 CEST 2004

Beatrice Fontaine <bea at webwitches.com> writes:

> Hi there!
>
> Emily's question definitely brings it up: what's the story with EPC
> 2005?
>
> I believe that the local organisers were more than happy to have it in
> Göteborg again and many people responded very positively when
> spontaneously asked there after M.S.'s key note. I personally took it as
> a given that it would happen there again in 2005, but somewhere else in
> 2006. Is that every one else's point of view?

Well, it was mine, at least.

All else being equal, moving somewhere else in 2006 gets my vote, but
that's a ways off yet...

> However, maybe we should start by asking if Jacob, Laura, Dario and
> their team actually still want to hold it in their city in 2005, and
> start it from there? The next question automatically ensuing from that
> is who is actually producing the new content for the website - which has
> to be the local organiser (the "thank you for the last one" and "welcome
> to the next one" part). Connected to that is the question as to whether
> we continue using Plone - before we even begin working on the site.
> There obviously was disagreement on that too and it would be very useful
> to get that aspect dealt with asap.

Well, that very much depends on who does the work.  I would hope that
now there's a bit more (hurredly acquired...) plone experience around,
working with next year's site would be easier than this year's was.

I'm also looking for less, not more, involvement on my part...

Cheers,
mwh

--
  MARVIN:  What a depressingly stupid machine.