[EuroPython] EPC 2005: where and when?

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Mon Oct 4 17:04:29 CEST 2004

Well, I thought that last year's conference suffered because 2 years ago
at Charleroi, we thought it was to be at Charleroi for a third time,
and then that changed, and so we had to scramble a little more than was
wise.  (Also, on the assumption it wasn't going to be in Göteborg I
scheduled a bunch of unchangeable things for that Spring, that wasn't
the best.)

So I would really like it if people who want to host EP for 2006 would
come and get involved in the hosting of EP 2005, just a bit, to see
how we do things, because some things are much better shown than
explained.  Not that this would mean that you couldn't then do things
your own way, of course.  But knowing 'how not to mess up like the last
lot did' is also valuable. :-)

I would like it if BEFORE EP2005 we could have some sort of formal bid
from each party interested in hosting EP2006.  That way we can decide
either at EP, or by having a vote before and announce the vote at EP.
It really helps if you can begin your 'lets-host-a-conference' effort
at the previous conference.

Laura