[EuroPython] EPC 2005: where and when?

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Tue Oct 5 08:04:57 CEST 2004

In a message of Tue, 05 Oct 2004 07:41:34 +0200, Dario Lopez-Kästen writes:
>Beatrice Fontaine wrote:
>> On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 18:38, Laura Creighton wrote:
>>
>>>Samuele Pedroni has actually written an improved system over the summer
>.
>>>But I am not ready to show it to anybody yet.  In the meantime, the
>>>old site is stale, and I am too busy now to do anything about that,
>>>either.
>>>
>>>rushed,
>>>Laura
>>

>> Great! That means that we know where we stand on that, for the moment.
>> Is it safe to assume that we can announce the date and place on the mai
>> page of the existing site? Because that will serve as a placeholder at
>> least, and it will allow people to make a note in the calendar.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> bea
>>

>Ok - just to be clear: we will not be continuing on using Zope/Plone for
>www.europython.org? This is just to be sure that I can inform people I
>was involving that it is not an issue anymore.
>
>/dario

I want other people to see it first.  Perhaps they will hate it.  I don't
want to do this by fiat.  But I think that everybody who worked on the conference
last year is aware of how thoroughly unhappy and frustrated I was with Plone,
and the Plonish way of doing things, which is why I want to provide an alternative.

Laura