[EuroPython] Seeking voluntary Plone Developers for EuroPython Help

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Thu Oct 7 14:21:25 CEST 2004

Hello,

the EuroPython Conference Community is commencing it's initial
preparations for the EuroPython 2005 conference.

One of the items on the agenda is preparing the EuroPython website. At
the moment we are working on deciding if we are happy with the current
technical platform we are using (Plone) or if we need to make a switch.

If we, after due process, decide on continue using Plone, we will need
volunteers helping with the development of the site. Is there interest
in the Plone Developers Community in contributing to this work?

For Plone developers and designers, this is an excellent opportunity to
contribute to the EuroPython community. As a developer, you'll be
getting valuable experience and exiting challenges developing a stylish
and visually appealling website with very high demands: high
availability, thousands of visitors worldwide, potentially hundreds of
registered users, highly interactive and dynamic while still being
blindly fast.

While the decision is not yet made on wether we shall continue with
Plone or not, we appreciate that most developers and designers are
usually quite busy, which is why we want be prepared and plan ahead as
much as possible.

So, if you are interested in helping, do not hesitate to send a message
to europython at python.org with a short description of yourself and what
you think you can contribute.

Thank you.

/dario