[EuroPython] The layout of EPC

Anna Martelli Ravenscroft anna at aleax.it
Thu Oct 7 16:29:14 CEST 2004

On Thursday 07 October 2004 15:14, mvm wrote:
> >> Most of the complaints are about VISUAL LAYOUT of the site, but that is
> >> *so* much an opinion and
> >
> >And a number of complaints about the internals are coming from people who
> >did *not* participate in the web team last year.
> >
> >That makes their opinion less... informed (at least).
> >
> >--
> >Nicolas Chauvat
>
> If there is a number of complaints about VISUAL LAYOUT,
> what about this attachment, I took a few time to make a layout
> easy to put quickly in the "Plone" web site of EuroPython.
>

> Cordially,
>
> Vincent Maton

Looks kewl.

I've gotta run some errands and may end up missing the meeting, so here's my
$.03 worth:

We need to decide now what pages we really need and take time to get them
working properly. If we set them up with "TBD" info wherever we don't know a
decision, we can make decisions as we need to and fill in the blanks as we
go.

Easier registration and accomodation pages, and easy access to info, are a
high priority, imho, for the general public.

Easier entry and acceptance of talks (and uploading of info) would be helpful
for speakers and track chairs. If we know ahead of time who the track chairs
are, I'd suggest an automatic email notification to the speaker and the track
chair of any talk entry, with a message, such as:

"""Thank you for your submission, "talkname", to EuroPython 2005.

Jane Doe is the track chair for the "x" talks track. We expect to
accept/decline submissions by DDate. Your track chair should contact you by
FDate.

Cordially,
The EuroPython 2005 Committee"""

At least that way, they're not left in the dark... And the track chairs have
an automatic way of telling when they've had submissions.

Gotta run,
Anna