[EuroPython] The layout of EPC

Jean-Marc Orliaguet jmo at ita.chalmers.se
Thu Oct 7 19:11:37 CEST 2004

Nicolas Chauvat wrote:

>On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 06:36:42PM +0200, Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
>

>>then maybe content providers have something to say, I have not followed
>>the discussions so I don't know.
>>

>As a track chair, here are two things that could be improved in terms of
>usability:
>
>- e-mail notification of talk submission/rejection/acceptance
>
>- upload of presentations (I knew plone and could add mines, but most
>  people preferred to use the wiki to do it, thus splitting the sources
>  of data)
>
>- ability to get the list of e-mails of authors of all accepted talks
>
>May I suggest that we put the information collected during this discussion
>somewhere so that when the web team resumes work they have a useful list of
>things to look at instead of getting complaints five days after the site
>goes live ?

Absolutely, contact information is important too.

then maybe there is a need for more advanced workflows than simply
accept / reject as for instance the ability to reorganize talk
durations, create new tracks, move talks between tracks, assign talks to
new track chairs, delegate the responsibility of accepting talks when
track chairs are not responsive enough, etc. If these tasks need to be
solved on IRC, then you might as well do the entire talk acceptance
process on IRC.

I am not sure that the default "publish-in-place" accept/reject workflow
of CMF/Plone is sufficient for the task that is needed here. Maybe
Julien who has worked a lot with advanced workflows in courierCPS has an
idea about how to better solve this?

/JM