[EuroPython] For the CONFERENCE: content proposal (NOT Website, Bea you can read too)

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sat Oct 9 14:01:43 CEST 2004

Beatrice Fontaine <bea at webwitches.com> writes:

> On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 12:04, Harald Armin Massa wrote:
>> Hello Europythoneers!
>
> [...]
>
>> So, what do you think?
>
> I think you are using the right soap in the shower, is what I think :)
>
> I believe you are on to something excellent. It also means, however,
> that if a _big_ "Python for beginners" action is planned as part of the
> conference, it needs to be decided fairly _nowish_ because marketing
> outside the community is exponentially more difficult than inside the
> community, and that is what it would entail. That is the only
> consideration on my side.

I agree on both points.  I feel that the each EuroPython (perhaps
unsurprisingly) has had a higher profile outside the immediate
Python/Zope world than the last and this is good and should continue,
but I have no idea how to accelerate it...

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Guido (like us!) is a bit schizophrenic here: he wants to be a
  benevolent dictator, but also wants to treat people like