[EuroPython] Thoughts on track chairing

Jacob Hallén jacob at strakt.com
Thu Oct 21 16:21:59 CEST 2004

Vacancies:
Tutorials
Applications

Potential vacancies:
Education
Frameworks
Language

Jeremiah Foster wants to do a web track. Personally, I think this is part of
the framework track. Perhaps we can persuade him to take over the frameworks
track.

Harald Armin Massa wants to do a Python Neopythe track. Perhaps we can ask him
to do that as part of the Tutorials track.

A slightly unrelated thought is about the refereed paper track. Since we have
some money at the bottom of the coffers, we could reserve a sum for
subdidising speaker travel. Last year we subsidised one speaker, to great
effect. There was quite a bit of risk involved in this, since our budget
balanced only 3 days before the conference started. This year we can make
more firm promises.

Jacob