[EuroPython] Dates for sprinting

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Sat Apr 2 23:03:24 CEST 2005

Hello all,

it is time to decide days for sprinting, before and after the
conference. I am working on aquiring last years sprinting and
post-conference area again, but I need dates.

My initial suggestion is to secure the space for approximately two
weeks, from monday 20/6 to sunday 4/7, but we probably can
increase-decrease the dates (i.e. we can extend it some day and or delay
it some days).

I am also working on having somewhat improved network in the sprinting
area, meaning that we can use the existing infrastructure to provide
cabled net access for the sprint area, with possibel extension to some
of the adjascent(sp?) rooms.

However this means that we need to bring cables and network equipmenat
ourselves, and my plan is to coordinate. If we cannot arrange to bring
network equipment, we can fallback on last years wireless solution.

I am also looking into improving the coffee availability by borrowing
some brewers, and I am looking for sponsors of caffeinated and other
beverages. Any company representatives willing to step forward?

Finally I will notbe able to participate fully this year as I did last
year - apart from work, the Swedish Linux Society is having their IRL
meeting the weekend following EPC, so I will be abscent at times.

This means that in order to carry this out I need a bunch of volunteers
to help out with practical and logistical (ie helping out with cleaning,
and stuff) issues when the sprinting happens.

So, what are peoples plans? I need to know by approximate wednesday at
the *latest* some rough estimates to give to my boss (he makes the
negotiating for me :-).

Cheers,

/dario

"...and click? damn, I need to kill -9 Word again..." - b using macosx