[EuroPython] KeyNoters

Stephan Richter stephan.richter at tufts.edu
Mon Apr 11 14:23:51 CEST 2005

On Monday 11 April 2005 07:01, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > This is where I think Europython has done better than Pycon. We have had
> > keynote speakers (apart from Guido), who have talked about things that
> > transcend Python, and I think this has affected the whole spirit of
> > Europython.
>
> As a datapoint:
>
> At the first PyCon, there was a talk by Paul Graham. Interesting, but
> not about Python at all. Basically about how languages like Lisp are the
> future and some tiny nods to Python about being enough like Lisp to be
> part of the "good languages". It was fun, it transcended python I guess,
> but a *bit* more about Python would've been good. :):)

I think you were very polite here. Paul Graham's key note sucked and we were
all looking at each other thinking "What the f*ck?". Really, he talked about
how Python needs this new graph datatype to be as cool as Lisp, for example.
I do not think a talk like that shouls be ever a key note at a Python
conference.

Regards,
Stephan
--