[EuroPython] What the heck does "pythonic" mean?

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Mon Apr 11 22:26:44 CEST 2005

hello,

I am trying to understand the various, imho, religious subcultures(*) in
the Python world, and I need someone to explain what the heck "Pythonic"
means.

How do you judge if something is "pythonic" or not?

(*) the most prominent example is the "zope is not pythonic" thing that
goes around a lot.

As reference, I have a strong background in the Mac-vs-Pc wars since
before 1990, so I know a religious subculture when I see one ;-)

Thanks,

/dario

"...and click? damn, I need to kill -9 Word again..." - b using macosx