[EuroPython] Urgent - Read and Respond: Reduced fee for a potential sponsor?

Harald Armin Massa haraldarminmassa at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 13:23:24 CEST 2005

> I have a proposal from a potential sponsor. They are sending 4 people
> from their company, one is a speaker (if their talk is accepted) and
> will probably bring along around 10 people more which are some of their
> customers.

I think there is nothing wrong with:

- negotiating discounts for participants sent to the conference by a sponsor
as part of an "individual sponsor agreement"
- offering large number discounts

That is the "sales part" of the story.

I am not deep enough in "economie of scales"-aspects of our calculation.
Standard economics suggest:

- having LOTS of interested participants makes it surely easier to attract
sponsors
- the "reduced fee" has to be enough to at least cover the variable costs
connected to that participant (meals, internet-access, badge, m² floor space
used)

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa