[EuroPython] M2Crypto sprint

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Wed Apr 27 21:44:26 CEST 2005

Hi,

I would like to run M2Crypto (http://sandbox.rulemaker.net/ngps/m2/)
sprint during Europython 2005. M2Crypto is the most complete OpenSSL
wrapper for Python. I should be able to reserve 2-3 days for it.

Based on some discussion on python-crypto mailinglist, fixing memory
leaks is one of the highest items on the list.

Additional things that I would like to fix during the sprint include
samples and documentation, as well as making the API consistent and fill
in any "holes".

Finally, if anyone is interested, we could think about a new, more
Pythonic M2Crypto API.

I've been involved with M2Crypto for about a year at Open Source
Applications Foundation (http://www.osafoundation.org/). I've added
things like the ability to use M2Crypto as a mini CA, Twisted wrapper,
and various smaller improvements. OSAF is now providing limited hosting
for the M2Crypto project (Subversion repository and Bugzilla). OSAF is
also using M2Crypto in it's Chandler product (I'm planning on giving a
talk about Chandler as well during Europython).

Cheers,

--
  Heikki Toivonen