[EuroPython] Talk submittal software broken

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Apr 28 14:03:28 CEST 2005

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to submit my talks proposals for EP05 for two days now
and every time I get an exception:

   exceptions.IndexError: list index out of range

and further down it says:

./presentation.py, line 494 in _makePF
492         form.speakers = [s.emailAddress[0] for s in p.speakers]
493 else:
494     form.conference = self._getconference(context)[0]
495     form.track = self._gettrack(context)[0]

Line 494 is marked red, so I presume that's where the error is.

Dario informed me that Gintautas from POV had a similar problem and
fixed it by only submittign the email address in the corresponding form
field. I tried that and it wouldn't change anything.

Philipp