[EuroPython] Menu structure

Jean-Marc Orliaguet jmo at ita.chalmers.se
Fri Feb 4 10:46:11 CET 2005

Chris Withers wrote:

> Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
>
>> I noticed that too. The first loading of the page takes quite some
>> until all objects are in the cache (and there are quite a lot of
>> objects on a single page). Could have something to do with the zope
>> object cache settings?   The server is Zope-2.7.2 maybe it should
>> upgraded to the latest 2.7.4?
>

> I don't think 2.7.2 to 2.7.4 will make much of a difference. I was
> hoping this was just a once off, but it was slow to load again this
> morning.
>
> I don't have many ideas about this, but someone needs to analyse
> what's going on :-(

I've increased the size of the 'main_db' cache to 10000 objects, but it
doesn't help when the cache is empty.
Zope-2.7.2 has two severe memory leaks, transciense issues, see
http://zope.org/Products/Zope/2.7.4/CHANGES.txt - so I don't think it's
a good choice, but this is not my choice.

If you want to do some monitoring there is a heartbeat DTML document
(http://europython-develop.zope.nl/heartbeat) which is 1 object in zope
and you should measure how much time it takes to wake it up (it took 3
seconds last time I tried which is a bit high in my opininon..). The
entire front page has about 500 objects.

but if we put a squid in front of it, there won't be any problem.
/JM