[EuroPython] How do you make links go from the pulldown menus directly off the site?

Jean-Marc Orliaguet jmo at ita.chalmers.se
Wed Feb 9 23:10:48 CET 2005

Laura Creighton wrote:

>I would like the pulldown for 'Sprints and Wikis' to go directly to the Wiki.
>If you look at
>'Propose a Sprint' you will see the problem  -- I don't want to go to
>http://europython-develop.zope.nl/sections/sprints_and_wiki/propose_a_sprint
>but to http://www.python.org/moin/EuroPython2005 direct.
>
>How do I do that?
>
>Thanks very much,
>Laura

Hi Laura,

the pulldown shown the site structure, i.e. a tree structure. Since the
wiki lies outside the tree structure it does not appear as a link but it
is possible to set an inline javascript redirection on the page to get
redirected to the wiki.

as for instance:

<script language="JavaScript">
  function redirect_to_wiki() {
      window.location = 'http://www.python.org/moin/EuroPython2005';
  }
  setTimeout("redirect_to_wiki()", 2000);
</script>

I have set the timeout to 2seconds (2000) to test it - but I can be
reduced to one second or half a second. Press 'Esc' to stop the
countdown....

PS: now that the main site structure which is there, you can start
publishing documents into it
Documents, like events, news, etc appear on the front page as opposed to
the site structure folders which are static.

regards

/JM