[EuroPython] How do you make links go from the pulldown menus directly off the site?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Feb 10 10:06:37 CET 2005

Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:

> as I said earlier the pulldown menu shows documents *inside* the site.
> The Wiki page lies outside the site. So either put a link and trust the
> ability of users to click on the link. Or use some javascript to do the
> redirection.

Can you not rustle up a "link" content object which, when you go to it
directly (ie: /folder/mylink) returns a response.redirect to the value
of the object's 'link' field?

When you go to mylink/link_view you get a normal view of the content
object, likewise with edit?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk