[EuroPython] Education Track Chair

Tom Hoffman tom.hoffman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 23:59:28 CET 2005

I'd like to volunteer to chair the education track for EuroPython this year.

I've succeeded Steve Alexander as manager of the SchoolTool
project--which is a Zope 3 based administrative framework for schools.
 I also have worked as an English teacher and technology coordinator
in Providence, Rhode Island, USA.  I wrote several different Zope and
Python based administrative tools for our high school.  I've also got
a masters in teaching English from Brown University and a strong
background in school reform and design.

I've presented at the O'Reilly Emerging Technology conference, SXSW,
the National Educational Computing Conference (NECC) and the annual
meeting of the American Educational Research Association. I write for
eSchool News's Ed-Tech Insider
blog(http://www.eschoolnews.com/eti/index.php), as well as my personal
blog (http://tuttlesvc.org).

I'll be happy to chair the education track, or help out in any way I can.

Tom Hoffman