[EuroPython] Setting up talk

André Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 01:14:25 CEST 2005

Dear Europython organisers,

I am scheduled to give a talk (a Gentle Introduction to Python's way)
during which
I would like to do a live demonstration.  As I understand, it is
expected that
we will use the computers set up in the rooms, rather than using our own
- which
is just fine with me.

I was wondering someone in charge could make sure that my program
(rur-ple) works properly at your end.
It can be downloaded from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rur-ple/
and the latest version is 0.9.0.1b.
Ideally, it should be used with wxPython 2.6 unicode (and Python 2.4),
but it should work with other versions of wxPython.

There is some urgency to this request as I am leaving Canada
tomorrow (Wednesday) at approx 12:00 local time ...17:00 Sweden time I
believe.
I will not have my computer with me.
I will be first going to Austria before making it to Sweden, just in time
for the conference.  Ideally, I would like to receive a confirmation
that everything is ok.  I'm not asking for exhaustive testing, just
a confirmation that it starts with no error messages.  (Of course,
you are welcome to play with it, and test it more thoroughly ;-)

I will try to put a copy of my presentation on the sourceforge website
as well, and bring a copy on a cd with me.
It will be an open-office document. I will confirm when I upload it
to the sourceforge site.

I look forward to seeing you all at Europython!

André Roberge

P.S. The ideal setup would be to have 2 computers and projectors
running at the same time: one with the demo, the other with the
presentation.  However, I could fairly easily manage with only
one computer and projector.