[EuroPython] Europython 2005 speaker information

Michael Sparks michaels at rd.bbc.co.uk
Thu Jun 23 16:30:18 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 22 Jun 2005 14:57, Jacob Hallén wrote:
> General information for speakers at Europython 2005
>
> 1. You can now upload your presentation slides, papers, mugshots and
> other pertinent materials to the registration website.

I've tried uploading a paper and a mugshot, and things appeared to work,
looking at:

http://www.python-in-business.org/ep2005/talk.chtml?talk=2589&track=692

However if I try and click on either, then I get the following error:

   * "Sorry, but I couldn't find the object you requested."

The paper is this one: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/whp/whp113.shtml
(A link to that URL is preferable actually)

I can resend the image if needed?

> 3. We are arranging to have tested laptop video projector combinations
> available in all rooms. The software guaranteed to be available on
> these machines are:
>
> Linux
> Acrobat Reader, version 5 or version 7
> Mozilla Firefox
> OpenOffice.org, version 1.1.x
> Python 2.4
> Pygame

I'll be aiming to use my laptop - if it works with the projector, but if it
doesn't I'll be using python/pygame to give my talk. (Though I'll have a PDF
backup version if there's any problems)

Finally - Jacob and everyone - many thanks for organising the conference - it
looks like it's gonna be fun :-)

Regards,

Michael.
--
Michael Sparks, Senior R&D Engineer, Digital Media Group
Michael.Sparks at rd.bbc.co.uk,