[EuroPython] Next steps in getting the website up

Jacob Hallén jacob at strakt.com
Tue Mar 15 19:40:05 CET 2005

On tisdag 15 mars 2005 19:09, Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
> Jacob Hallén wrote:
> >Hi folks!
> >
> >We are almost there with the website.
> >
> >I have a few issues that I'd like to see resolved:
> >
> >1. There seems to have been a change, so that you no longer see the page
> >contents when you select "View" from the "Object Action" box on the right.
> >This is quite confusing. Can we have this fixed?
>
> Hi ,
>
> no change, this is the default behaviour. folder_contents is the default
> view for the workspaces only, but not for sections, otherwise visitors
> would see folder contents (which they do not have permission to do
> anyway) - so just click on the 'folder contents' action to switch
> between view.

Have a look at the "Propose a talk". This just shows the Description in the
view mode, while it shows a large number of "text and image" blocks if you go
to the edit mode. I have a memory of seeing the contents of all those blocks
in the view mode. Am I remembering wrong? Wouldn't it be useful to see the
contents of the blocks?

> >2. I find no place for where to put the banner ads. I have made one for
> >Strakt, which I would like to upload. Which is the preferred format for
> >banners? GIF, PNG, or something else?
>
> they're in portal_skins/custom (in the zope management interface)
> http://europython-develop.zope.nl/portal_skins/custom/banners/manage_main
>
> the custom_get_sponsors script must updated too
>
> if you mail them; I can update the script.

Attached. It should link to http://www.strakt.com/

Thanks.

Jacob