[EuroPython] IRC meeting Tuesday 5 April 18.00 CET

Jacob Hallén jacob at strakt.com
Thu Mar 31 17:37:05 CEST 2005

I would like to hold an IRC meeting on Tuesday 5 April at 18.00 CET.

The place is as usual the #europython channel on the freenode network.

I will distribute an agenda for the meeting before it starts. Hopefully I'll
be able to do it Monday.

There are a number of things that need to be discussed, and I will mention a
couple here.

1. The lack of volunteers and the absence of active people.

This has been a problem to the extent that I have considered dropping my work
on Europython. However, I have decided that I will continue. I think I can
pull something off with the current level of involvement of others, though a
lot of things will not get done, and our schedules may slip further.

I would like to say that the efforts put in by Laura and Jean-Marc have been
fantastic, and some track chairs have been quite responsive, but it takes
more people and more engagement if we are to repeat the success of last year.

I will do my best to structure the tasks that need doing before the meeting,
so that there will be suitable packages for people to grab.

2. We lack a keynote speaker

Guido is coming. He confirmed this with me at Europython. However, I had no
response from Adele Goldberg. I don't know if I reached her at all at the
email address I managed to dig up.

Jacob