[EuroPython] Europython registration/reservation deadline vs. schedule availability - HUH?

Jacob Hallen jacob at strakt.com
Tue May 3 12:50:32 CEST 2005

tisdag 03 maj 2005 10.12 skrev Wolfgang Keller:
> Hello,
>
> today I've read the following on the Europython WWW site:
>
> http://www.europython.org/sections/registration_issues/registration_info
>
> "Early bird payment ends 15 May."
> "Last day for reserving accomodations is 15 May."
>
> http://www.europython.org/sections/tracks_and_talks/schedule_day_1
>
> "The schedule will be posted in early June."
>
> The attendees are supposed to register and reserve accomodation before
> even being able to know when/whether it will be worth attending for
> them?
>
> OOPS?
>
> How is anyone supposed to justify the expense in time and money
> required for participating either towards his employer or towards
> himself if he has absolutely NO information about content and schedule
> fo the conference?

As an early-bird registrant, you get a discount because you are taking a
slightly bigger risk, since you don't know what the final schedule will be. A
list of registered talks will be posted a couple of days before 15 May, but
making a well working schedule takes a lot of time and work, which is why it
won't be available until early June.

Jacob Hallén