[EuroPython] Python Framework track (has our talk been accepted?)

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon May 9 17:53:32 CEST 2005

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>> If it's a bit of preparatory work in talk selection and communication
>>> with the people who submitted a talk that would be better than having to
>>> be present at the track itself, introducing talks and making sure things
>>> end on time, etc.
>

>> Any help is appreciated, so I'll count you in :-)
>

> Cool. :). Note that I'll not be online much the coming few days, so if
> you want to decide before may 11.. I'm not around enough..

Ok, please review the list of registered talks and
give me your feedback as 1-10 rating (1 - not all that interesting,
10 - must have this one) for each talk:

http://www.python-in-business.org/ep2005/tracks.chtml

> My personal preference is more 30 minute talks, and try to avoid
> combining talks into 60 minute blocks.
>
> Your questions elsewhere in the thread make sense; we need to know how
> many slots we have. Since it looks like the framework track will be one
> of the bigger one this year I hope this gets reflected.
>
> Just hypothetically, if we were to accept all 15 talks, and one talk
> would indeed be 60 minutes (I see Steve Alexander proposed one) the rest
> 30 minutes, then we'd need 8 hours for the frameworks track.

My own talk proposal is for 60 minutes as well - it's hard
to fit a complex subject into 30 minutes.

In any case, I agree that we'll probably need 8 hours total.

I would welcome joining forces with some of the smaller tracks,
e.g. the Misfits and the Python language tracks.

If we could get 4 people for the on-site track
chairing, then each of us would only have to spend 2 hours
attending the track and we could then still enjoy the rest
of the conference.

The more people help out, the better for everyone !

BTW, I would like to repeat my request that the Python framework
track and the business track not overlap; not just because
I'd like to attend some business talks as well, but also
because I find that both tracks have lots of interesting
talks to offer and give a good view on Python from the
business and the developer perspective - which is a first
at EuroPython !

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, May 09 2005)