[EuroPython] Q: Push back early bird?

Jacob Hallen jacob at strakt.com
Sun May 15 23:51:22 CEST 2005

söndag 15 maj 2005 18.20 skrev Paul Everitt:
> Hi all.  This says:
>
>    http://www.europython.org/sections/registration_issues/
> registration_informa
>
> ....that early bird ends today, and this:
>
>    http://www.europython.org/sections/accomodation/special_accomodation
>
> ...implies that tomorrow is the last day for getting the SGS
> Veckobostäder dorm-style rooms as part of registration.
>
> Unfortunately, my guess is that less than 100% of track chairs have
> published their speaker selections. :^)  Thus, people don't know
> whether to register for the speaker rate or the attendee rate.
>
> Until we have confirmation from track chairs, can we extend the early
> bird a bit, perhaps end-of-this-week?

You get to register as a speaker if you have submitted a (serious) proposal.
You don't have to be accepted as a speaker.

Also, since I got no word to the contrary, we are currently claiming that we
are running all the talks that have been registered. Where to find the list
of talks has been widely published.

I'm not all that happy with extending early-bird, because I think it sets the
wrong expectations. If there is a strong opinion for extending, I will accept
doing so, but I need to here more voices before changing my mind. A
possibility is extending earl-bird for speakers only.

Jacob